Who we are
Who we are
Welcome to a great new school year at Glen Park!
The Glen Park School Council (GPSC) plays an important role in supporting the school and all its students and their parents. The council is made up of volunteer parents and school staff and meets at least four times during the school year. It is a great way to find out about what is happening around the school and to meet other parents and form new friendships.
The main tasks of the council are to:
• Provide the Principal with information regarding matters concerning the school
• Provide parents an opportunity to learn about and to discuss issues concerning the school as a whole
• Support parents and teachers in a working partnership to enhance student learning
• Raise funds to provide support for many school-based activities (separate meetings are generally held for this)
All GPSC meetings are open to all interested parents and staff. Meeting dates and meeting summaries will be communicated in the school’s monthly newsletters. Minutes of the meetings will be posted on the GPSC’s bulletin board in the main lobby.
- Category: School Council Menu
- Published Date
- Written by Glen Park PS
- Hits: 440